A few words before launch

As we approach launch day I felt it would be important to reflect on the past, present, and future of this community. This isn't our first rodeo with this community as most of you will know.

This 'reboot' first began in 2019 which was around two years following San Andreas Roleplay's (SARP) closure, the primary reason being mismanagement among other factors which negatively impacted the server over a number of years. From SARP's point of closure in 2017 we had witnessed reboot attempts several times, most of which were unable to sustain and build upon the community. In 2019 what first started as a joke about creating our own reboot became a reality. Development was immediately underway and there were plans being constructed to perform a reboot execution. Long story short that plan came into fruition and we were able to bring back an abandoned community and re-establish lost connections.

The server was nothing short of a success, the team working with me all played their roles to achieve success and the server was great. The server was so successful to the point the Official San Andreas Roleplay itself decided to get the ball rolling again. This event alongside a series of intense DDOS attacks led to the division and eventual closure of our server, and the inevitable death of San Andreas Roleplay once again due to mismanagement.

So where are we now? I was fortunate enough to form a new management team with @Day and @vienna who are both among the strongest candidates for a management team. They're both hard working, committed, and share the same vision as me — to be able to restore that nostalgic experience we all know and love, and ultimately to make it better than ever before.

We've massively revisited the server's dynamic, for years it has been no secret that Gangs & Families were on the back foot against legal factions. That has now all changed with major script adjustments to ensure that families are brought onto a level playing field, the server will heavily rely on families from now on for both gun and drug supplies - something that has NEVER been the case before. It will certainly be exciting to monitor this change and perfect it to pump some life back into the illegal side of the server.

Our committed development team have been working hard to facilitate these changes and make necessary adjustments to offer a level playing field all round, with adjustments made to the economy among other factors which will finally add value to the paycheques you receive hourly. You didn't hear this from me.. but it's actually beneficial to be in a faction or even a family for financial purposes now..

We hope to see many of you join us at launch tomorrow, both old and new faces. As an admin team we always reflect on our success last year, having rebuilt a community which would achieve between 150-200 concurrent players on a daily basis. That statistic is merely a testament to show that this server, this community has what it takes to compete at the top of this server standard. We can't wait to eventually make the move over to Open.MP where we can finally implement brand new features for you all to enjoy.

Continue sharing our platforms with old and new players, we welcome you all with open arms. See you at launch!

United States Roleplay Management